It’s Halloween time, check out the Pumkin Banana Smoothie recipe in the link below
Couple of months a go I tried different pasta sauces at a festival, and they tasted amazing, so I thought of trying to make my own pasta sauces at home.
I did not expect that the sauces would taste REALLY GOOD and the recipe is very simple. Twice i tried making pasta differently and below are the pictures.
- 2 Bell peppers
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 lemon juice
First I cut the bell peppers into small pieces and then put all the ingredients in the blender and bled it well. After blending all the ingredients together i let the mixture simmer on medium heat until the mixture became thicker and while it was on the stove i added dried oregano and basil to it . I set the mixture aside to let it cool and put in the jar and poured olive oil on top to preserve.
When making Pasta:
to make the pasta sauce i just add some water to the pan and one cube of chicken stock and 5 table spoons of the sauce and mix it, then I add pasta on top and cook for couple of minutes or cover it and put it in the oven.
AND IT TASTES SOOO GOOOD
I’ve got this simple and easy snack or breakfast recipe that can be made in microwave. I hope when you try it, you like it.
it is not spicy at all but tastes soo good, tuna and butter wow …
1- One small can of tuna (shredded) or you can use shredded chicken instead
3- Slices of butter
4- Salt and pepper for seasoning
5- Coriander for garnishing
1- Shred tuna and season it with salt and pepper
2- Lay one thin slice of butter on rusk and put tuna on top of it
3-Lay another thin slice of butter on top of the tuna and put it in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 min.
4- Garnish it with coriander leaves
I love Curry, Tuna and sour taste in mouth . Also I am a person who is not a big fan of eating things separate, I am more of a person who will combine Salad and Curry or Salad and Rice; Pasta, Haleem, Harees, Madhrooba and u name it. And I tell you if you Salad tastes good u won a jackpot by mixing your main course with Salad.
So one day I decided to do a little experiment at home combining all three in one. Ya Allah I love its taste.
So yeah I usually make this dish for dinner, and tonight after a very long time I prepared this dish again and it tasted great with yogurt on side.
I have tried making the same recipe using different type tunas preserved in olive oil, sunflower oil or salt water. Each type gives a different taste to the dish, for example the dark tuna meet gives a horrible taste, salt water tuna make the dish too salty, white meet in sunflower oil gives a perfect taste. The type of tuna I used and personally prefer for this recipe is in the picture below :
- Canned Tuna Fish – 2 cans (I used white meat tuna solid pack in sunflower oil)
- Tomato (chopped) – 2 medium
- Onion (sliced) – 2 medium
- Coriander– chopped
- Salt – As required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Chicken Stock Cube – 1 piece
- Oil in the Tuna Cans
- Cajun – 1 tbs
- Lemon – 1 medium
- Do not drain the water and oil from the canned tuna fish. I prefer making this recipe in Tuna water or oil become it give a delicious taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions till golden.
- Add tomatoes along with little salt and stir till the tomatoes are crushed.
- Now add the cube, oil in the cans, chilli powder and Cajun powder and stir for a few minutes.
- Mix the tuna fish and cook for 5-8 minutes adding later on green chopped chilli and lemon juice and chopped coriander to it
- Finally, serve the dish with some yogurt aside.
Like I said I love mixing salad with my main course so that’s why I don’t fry my onions till they get soft and same goes to the tomatoes i don not cook tomatoes till they get mashed and become like a paste, but until they get soft and start looking like they are crushed.
You always have the choice of adding fresh water instead of the can water or oil, but can water or oil gives a better taste. Trust me.
I prefer putting yogurt with the tuna for if it’s too spicy, salty or sour u always have something to save you 😛 .
Hope you try it out one day and share your experience or picture maybe. Let me know what you think.
Who doesn’t love kinder egg !!
This recipe post has details one can imagine while reading the instructions.
Can’t wait to try making it and decorating it, can imagine fantastic results already. 😀
Easter is over. Any chances you’ve got some left over kinder chocolate?
A few weeks back I was having lunch with a friend of mine at a quaint restaurant in Fremantle. Bread in Common is one of my favourite places to eat. It has high ceilings, a cozy atmosphere, and vintage vibes as it is situated in an old revamped warehouse. The food is delicious, the menu…
Kaddu(petha) ka halwa, or pumpkin (squash) puree/halwa. It is not like carrot or semolina halwas, it has very soft creamy texture and it is very sweet.
I have tried making this halwa several times following the same recipe, and each time i made, it got improved and tasted better, so the more you try the better results you get every time.
The hardest part for me is peeling pumpkin, because it is pain and needs a lot of energy. This website gives you tips on how to peel pumpkin easily ( How I Make Peeling (and Cleaning) Pumpkin a Little Easier ).
It can be a sweet dish or a perfect breakfast with bread or puris.
- 3 cups shredded/chopped pumpkin (squash/kaddu/petha)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tbsp ghee
- cardamom powder
- Shred pumpking using meat mincer or you can chop pumpkin into small cubes
- Heat the ghee in a pan or wok
- Add pumkin and let it cook until it releases water
- Add water, stir and cover until it cooks and get softened, and should be of mashable consistancy
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes then add sugar and cardamon
- Cook and stir untill thickens, and water reduced
- Garnish it with pumpkin seeds or dry fruits
- It can be served hot or cold
Note: Don’t throw pumkin in a blender adding water to it, because it will take for ever to get rid of the water.
Eating fruits for snack is more refreshing and fun for adults and kids especially when it’s strawberry fruit snack. Food presentation plays a great role in tempting our eyes and makes you want to taste it.
Personally I love making snacks and starters more than sweet dishes and halwas, because they taste different and my entire family gathers around to finish it up, so we have a lovely tea and snack party gathering in the evenings.
- 2 Medium Mars Bars *or 1 Cadbury bar*
- Strawberry *or any other fruit*
- water to melt the chocolate bars
Wash the strawberries or what ever fruit you are using, and keep it aside to dry.
Boil water and pour it in a mug, cover the mug with a bowl that fits the mug and put mars bars in it and smash it gently, as soon as it becomes soft or in liquid form add 3 table spoons of cream and mix well. And it’s ready. The heat coming from bottom of the bowl helps the mix chocolate with the cream well.
Don’t microwave the chocolate because it becomes hard sometimes and you might face difficulty in preparing the dip sauce.
Take one or two large doilies paper and place them square ceramic bowl or dish. Put your chocolate cream dip in a small ceramic bowl and place the bowl in the center of the square ceramic dish. Start layering strawberries around the dip bowl and you’re done.
I hope you like this simple snack and dip, try it and give me your feedback. Ideas and suggestions are welcomed. 😀
There are many recipes you can make with sago, like sago milk pudding and different types of halwas. But the one I love eating and making the most is Bahraini/Omani halwa.
Bahraini or Omani halwa is basically made using corn starch instead of sago, but sago halwa has its own taste. And halwa has to be there in every kind of occasion, it is considered as a hospitality code.
Preparation time : 1 hour – 1.30 hours
2 1/2 – 3 cups Sugar
5 cups Water
50 gram Unsalted butter
1 tsp Saffron
1 1/4 cup Sago
1 1/4 cup Rose water
2 tbsp cardamom powder
nuts (pistachios, almonds, walnuts), toasted
- Infuse the saffron in rose-water, and sago in normal water for about 30 min to one hour.
- In a big pot or wok on medium heat add sugar and stir until it melts and turns brown.
- Add butter to the sugar and stir until it becomes toffee, beat if necessary to remove lumps.
- Add one tbsp of cardamom powder and stir.
- Blend sago and water until it becomes white paste and add it to the toffee mixture, and cook until it becomes smooth and lumps free.
- Add rest of the cardamom and still until it gets mixed well and then add infused Saffron and rose-water to the mixture and cook for some time.
- When you see it started becoming thick but soft and little chewy turn of the heat and pour it directly in the serving tray and top it with desired nuts and set it to cool down.
I made this recipe up, I don’t know if there is a similar dish/recipe or not, because I have searched online but I couldn’t find any. So yes I guess I can take the credit.
It is very simple to make, and it can be made within 40 min.
- 3 Eggplants
- Maggie Cube
- 5 tbsp Gram Flour
- Frying Oil
- For pakora batter, mix gram flour, salt pepper, coriander powder and add little bit of water for smooth medium consistency batter. and keep it aside. Personally I don’t like thick batters.
- Cut 2 eggplants thick slices to make bottom layer, and last piece cut it thin slices for pakoras. season eggplants with salt and keep them aside till they lose water. It’s up to you if you want to throw eggplant water or add it to the batter. Personally i make thick batter and then add eggplant water to make it smooth medium. It gives the whole thing a different taste.
- Place thick slices on your baking tray and bake them 10 minutes each side.
- Dip the thing slices in the batter and gently place them in hot oil till they become crispy golden.
- For sauce, i use normal cream that can be used in making sweets as well, i just add a little bit of water and one Maggie cube and let it cook for a while and take it of the stove.
- Now when everything is ready, you just need to layers things up, take a baking dish place thick baked slices in it and pour some white sauce, and on top of the souce place eggplant pakoras and cover them with rest of the souce and add mozzarella on top and put it in the over for 15 minutes on 180 c.
I loved it, but next time i will keep both layers eggplant pakoras, coz pakoras taste was totally different and it was melting in my mouth.