I made this recipe up, I don’t know if there is a similar dish/recipe or not, because I have searched online but I couldn’t find any. So yes I guess I can take the credit.
It is very simple to make, and it can be made within 40 min.
- 3 Eggplants
- Maggie Cube
- 5 tbsp Gram Flour
- Frying Oil
- For pakora batter, mix gram flour, salt pepper, coriander powder and add little bit of water for smooth medium consistency batter. and keep it aside. Personally I don’t like thick batters.
- Cut 2 eggplants thick slices to make bottom layer, and last piece cut it thin slices for pakoras. season eggplants with salt and keep them aside till they lose water. It’s up to you if you want to throw eggplant water or add it to the batter. Personally i make thick batter and then add eggplant water to make it smooth medium. It gives the whole thing a different taste.
- Place thick slices on your baking tray and bake them 10 minutes each side.
- Dip the thing slices in the batter and gently place them in hot oil till they become crispy golden.
- For sauce, i use normal cream that can be used in making sweets as well, i just add a little bit of water and one Maggie cube and let it cook for a while and take it of the stove.
- Now when everything is ready, you just need to layers things up, take a baking dish place thick baked slices in it and pour some white sauce, and on top of the souce place eggplant pakoras and cover them with rest of the souce and add mozzarella on top and put it in the over for 15 minutes on 180 c.
I loved it, but next time i will keep both layers eggplant pakoras, coz pakoras taste was totally different and it was melting in my mouth.